Safety Certificates, performed to Belco standards
Belco offers a Safety Certification service to aid you in selling or transferring trailer ownership, or for registration transfer purposes. We are a fully accredited Safety Certificate inspection centre, as approved by the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
All Safety Certificate checks are performed to Belco’s renowned standards, and any work required to get your trailer roadworthy can be performed in our world-class mechanical shop.
Your Safety Certificate will check for damage, wear and compliance throughout your trailer, including:
- Tyre condition
- Brakes and suspension
- Body rust or damage
- Lights and electrics
- Couplings and towbars
- Compliance with Australian Design Rules (ADR)
- Manufacturer’s plate attached
Warning: If your trailer is not built to Australian quality standards (which a lot of cheap imported models are), we will not put it through. Cheap, poorly made trailers are a hazard to other motorists and should be kept off our roads.
- You must obtain and display a Safety Certificate on any registered trailer or caravan between 0.75-3.5 tonnes Aggregate Trailer Mass (ATM).
- Safety Certificates must be current, and can only be used within 2 months of issue when transferring ownership of the trailer or caravan.
- You can download a Vehicle Registration Transfer Application form here:
Transport and Main Roads corporate forms